Enjoy a piece of history in this much loved 17th century four bedroom house which was once a popular public house within the village between the years of 1869-1914. Since then it has been a private residence but has retained its original charm and still gives the feeling of a warm and welcoming house. The landscaped gardens are stunning and to the rear are stables/workshops. The two paddocks to the rear of the stables are available to rent by separate negotiation.
The entrance door opens to the dining room which has a log burning stove set in an inglenook fireplace, two window seats beneath windows with shutters, and stairs to the first floor. The kitchen is adjacent and has been fitted with a range of white gloss units with oak work surfaces, and integrated appliances including a fridge/freezer, oven with hob and extractor, and a dishwasher. A door opens to the utility room which has been fitted with a range of matching units and has a Belfast sink. This leads to a cloakroom fitted with a modern white suite and the boiler room. Back through the house is the spacious sitting room which has glazed double doors with shutters to the garden and a log burning stove.
First and Second Floors
Bedroom two has an en suite WC and sink and a useful storage cupboard and the rear aspect window has wonderful views overlooking the gardens. The master bedroom has dual aspect windows, one of which also has views over the garden, and there is a luxurious en suite bathroom with a freestanding double ended bath and a double shower enclosure. There are two further bedrooms on the second floor, one of which has an en suite bathroom with a bath and double shower. All these rooms have windows with shutters.
The property is approached via a cobbled walkway in the centre of the mainly lawned front garden, showing the front of the house off to its best advantage. The cobbled walkway leads round the side of the house to a brick driveway with plenty of space for off road parking and double gates which lead to the garden.
There is a large patio and a covered pergola area to the rear of the house and the landscaped gardens are mainly lawned, beautifully maintained and with several trees throughout. This is a wonderful place for relaxing and taking in the advantages of countryside living. There is a large kitchen garden and even space for keeping chickens should you wish to. The property comes with a covered parking area with four bays next to a useful garden shed. To the rear of the garden there are stables/workshops and adjacent to these there are two paddocks available to rent by separate negotiation.
Carlton is a popular North Bedfordshire village with a church, village shop and two public houses including the newly refurbished Royal Oak which serves freehold beers and freshly prepared seasonal food. The village has its own Church of England primary school which has Outstanding Ofsted reports and is in the catchment area for Sharnbrook Upper School. The property is situated just 10 miles from Bedford Station where rail services to London take approximately 40 minutes. Bedford has several private schools including the excellent Harpur Trust Schools. The village has a strong community feel and it has its own Facebook page Carlton Village Community to keep you updated on village events.
Either to request a brochure or for a viewing appointment, please complete the form below. In all instances visits to the property must be by appointment with James Berry.
Counties of satisfied customers